Lenovo Driver doesn’t retain settings on restart of Windows 10
Some customer say they meet Lenovo Driver doesn’t retain settings on restart of Windows 10 problem.
The problem he is facing is that the Synaptics touchpad drivers (v18.104.22.168) reverts back to default settings every time him reboot.
This is very annoying, because he want to have coasting off and scrolling speed all the way up, but he keep having to change the settings every time his notebook starts up.
You can try below to fix this problem.
Method 1 to resolve Lenovo Driver doesn’t retain settings on restart of Windows 10
a:click start menu and input reg, Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install in regedit.
b:Change the value of DeleteUserSettingOnUpgrade to 0.
c:Save and restart.
Method 2 to resolve Lenovo Driver doesn’t retain settings on restart of Windows 10
- Is the driver up to date?
- Click my computer and Open Device Manager, then Go to “Mice and other pointing devices”
- Double-click on the entry for your mouse and go to the “Driver” tab, Click on “Update Driver…”
- Is the driver compatible with Windows 10?
- If you have upgraded from a previous Windows OS, there’s a chance that your driver might not function correctly with Windows 10. Go to your OEM’s website and find the correct driver for your model and OS. Or you can use our free lenovo driver update utility, then download the correct drivers for your lenovo device automatic, you can download it from here.
- Disable and Re-Enable the Driver
- Plug in an external mouse. This will allow you to disable your touchpad driver and then re-enable it. This may resolve any issues present.